Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Food rant

I have been feeling so good lately. So good, in fact, that I decided to shop for dinner tonight. I went to Central Market and picked up some fresh ingredients for a healthy pasta pomodoro, which I was craving- angel hair, pine nuts, spinach, and mushrooms, plus a salad. I came home, and not only did I go into the kitchen, I cleaned it. Then I enjoyed making dinner. I loved using my fancy knives, sauteeing garlic, the whole shebang. After that, I enjoyed eating dinner. Until I got to the last bite of salad and put it in my mouth. Then out of nowhere I realized I was going to have to go throw up. There goes my healthy dinner. Really, this is a gross experience that only bulemics can understand, and I'll spare you the details of why.

Now I'm pissed. I really cannot believe this just happened. I hadn't thrown up in 2 weeks, and then it was dry heaves at 5:30 in the morning. I rode on 4 airplanes, 2 trains, subways, and have smelled lots of gross things with no problem. For the past few days, I have literally been eating like food is about to disappear from the face of the earth. At every meal I've just been inhaling stuff. It's so weird and aggravating to just puke out of nowhere like that.

And, my friends, I ask you- why can I keep down huge plates of barbecue, hamburgers and cheetos, and chilli dogs, but not healthy pasta? I don't appreciate it. I always thought kids who ate crap and junk food all the time did so because they were formula fed. I thought if you ate really good for you stuff during pregnancy and breastfeeding, it would pave the way for good eating habits for your child. Looks like this mother has no control. My baby already will only eat junk food. Great.

No comments: