Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Weekend


As we can all see, I'm getting larger. I might actually outgrow this 34 F. I recently discovered the appeal of the velour jumpsuit, which I always thought was a little too Jenny from the Block for my taste. I had to change my opinion after I actually wore one the other night and realized that's about the most comfortable thing you can put on your body. Let me confess that I ordered 2 more online today. So when you see me looking ghetto, cut me a break please.

I have been feeling very well except for some localized back pain beneath my right shoulder blade that is really bothering me. We got our new stove (it's immaculate), and I have been menu planning, fridge-stocking, and cooking up a storm, all without any nausea or vomiting. It has been wonderful having time off work- our house is clean, our fridge is full, we're relaxed and sitting around with nothing to do- bored actually (but not bored enough to actually do my homework).

This week John began to be able to feel Bunny moving. It has been stronger each time he's felt her. She moves all the time, so he's gotten lots of chances. I swear, she's having a dance party or something. But it's my favorite part of all of this- I love feeling her move around.

We have been going to childbirth classes for the past two weeks in the home of one of my doula friends. That has been fun, and we're learning a lot. I'm always a little freaked out when we leave, though. I know dealing with the fear is important to do BEFORE the birth, so that's good I guess. John is worried that I'm going to be in a lot of pain and it's going to take a long time. I told him that this is certainly what WILL be happening, and he needs to not worry about it or be scared of it because that's the way it goes. The last thing I need is him passing out.

One thing we learned in class is that I need to constantly practice sitting with my pelvis tilted forward instead of slouching backwards. This encourages the baby to settle into the optimal position for childbirth. I think my efforts at this have been what has caused the back strain, unfortunately.

My next midwife appointment is on Saturday, and we'll get to meet our midwife's buddy midwife who will be at our birth as well. That is also my birthday. I'm sure my belly will be EVEN BIGGER by then at this rate. Good lord.

No comments: