Thursday, December 29, 2005

What it's like being pregnant these days




Someday I might want to look back and try to figure out how I was feeling and when. Here are the good things about being 27 weeks pregnant:
1. I can feel the baby moving almost all the time, so we have more of a relationship and it seems like she has a personality.
2. I look pleasantly pregnant. I love the way my belly looks and feels.
3. Strangers smile at me.

Here is what it feels like:
1. I have back pain almost all the time, especially by late in the day.
2. My ribcage hurts as well by late in the day. It's probably growing.
3. Because of the two things above, it is virtually impossible to find a comfortable way to sit, especially once I've eaten dinner, but then I don't want to lie down right away.
4. I have indigestion off an on, particularly late at night and in bed. Not in so much a constgant burpy way, but in the way that you feel like when you burp, something will come up with it.
5. I have been having a hard time falling asleep. The whole pregnancy I have woken up every time I need to change positions, but it has always been easy to fall right back asleep. Not anymore.
6. One thing that makes it hard to fall asleep is that I have restless leg syndrome every other night or so. It sounds fake- but I swear it's real. I get this uncontrollable urge to have to move my leg every few minutes as I'm falling asleep. The other night it happened in my arm too. Agghhhh! I'd compare it to trying to fall asleep when you have poison ivy, chicken pox, or a bad cough.
7. I have shortness of breath off and on. I feel like I have emphysema or something.
8. I'm not really weepy or emotional or anything. I do feel more upset when I get frustrated, though. I wouldn't say that I get frustrated more often, but when I do my frustration is more intense.
9. I feel an immense love for and attachment to John and don't want him far away from me.

All of these complaints are minor. I'm so much better than eariler in pg. The worst part is the back pain by far. I plan to see a chiropractor soon. Second place is restless legs. All in all, everything is really good.

No comments: